Admiral Mohab Mamish is the Chairman of the Suez Canal Economic Zone and the Suez Canal Authority. Admiral Mamish was appointed by a presidential decree on the 30th of April, 2017 to serve as the Chairman of the Suez Canal Economic Zone, and appointed to serve as the Chairman of the Suez Canal Authority on the 12th of August 2012.
Born on the 6th of August 1948, Admiral Mamish served as the Commander of the Egyptian Navy from 27 September 2007 until August 2012. He was a member of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces which governed Egypt after the Egyptian Revolution of 2011.
Admiral Mamish graduated from the Egyptian Naval Academy, and pursued his graduate studies in Maritime Sciences from Nasser Military Academy and a fellowship from the Academy in 1977.
H.E. Admiral Mamish participated in a number of missions abroad:
- United Kingdom (1980)
- United States (1983,1992,1995,1998,2004)
- United Arab Emirates (1987-1989)
- People's Republic of China (1992)
- Greece (1999)
- France (2002)
- Dual Bachelor's degrees in Military Sciences and Maritime Studies from the Egyptian Naval Academy.
- Master's Degree in Maritime Sciences from Nasser Military Academy.
- Fellowship from Nasser Military Academy.
Medals and Orders
- Medal of Long and Meritorious Service
- Order of Duty-the 6th of October medal from the Naval Forces
- Medal of the 20th Anniversary of the July Revolution
- Medal of the Golden Jubilee of the July Revolution
- Medal of Superior Service – 25th of April Medal
- Medal of the Silver Jubilee of Sinai Liberation